Saturday, March 7, 2009

Races 2008 and start of 2009...

Well, let me start 2009 by congratulating one of my brightest young students (Raphael Schreiber) for his amazing year in 2008. Raphael won both the mini-McKenney and Ace of Clubs for the 50-100 MP category. I am very proud of him and his progression as a player...

Additionally, I like to state a point of pride for myself. I played with a great number of Mini-McKenney winners last year.
Allison Howard (20-50)
Raphael Schreiber (50-100)
Michael Myers (200-300)
Garth Yettick (300-500)

I'm happy that I can be an influence on excited, interested, and talented improving players!


On to 2009. I'm not going to attempt to get caught up on a detailed blog with interesting hands from every tournament I played in the first two months of the year (hopefully I will do that for my future tournaments this year...) Let me just give you a quick list of what takes me from the start of the year into the nationals in Houston next week....
Orlando, FL Regional
Denver, CO Sectional
Charlottesville, VA Regional
Destin, FL Regional
Bermuda Regional -- where I won my first overall regional title!
Aspen, CO Teaching
Palmetto, FL Regional (Sarasota)
Panama City Beach, FL Sectional
Indianapolis, IN Regional
Aspen, CO Teaching
Bermuda Teaching
Houston NABC

This is quite a tour for just 2 months and I hope you will forgive my lack of typing up interesting hands, etc.. (see the Sunshine Bridge News for a few articles I did write during these travels...)
http://www.district9acbl.org/SBN/SBN_Index.htm

Later in the year I'm going to do a post dedicated just to Bermuda and the Bermuda Regional. I'm hoping to convince as many people as possible to come back to this tournament next January. It is the single greatest tournament I have been to in the ACBL (by far...) -- and it deserves to grow into a large spectacular event...

No comments: